When I originally envisioned The Junto Blog, I wanted it to be a place where junior academics could come and share research tales, archival experiences, disciplinary thoughts, and other fun-but-important aspects of academic life. The tone, as I told the first contributors, was to be an engaged but informal discussion at a lunch table. To say the blog’s exceeded my expectations would be an understatement. As one example of the excellent work they’ve done, here’s a roundtable from last week on tips and advice for researching at various archives across the Atlantic world:
- Casey Schmitt on Spanish archives
- Hannah Bailey on French archives
- Jessica Parr on British archives
- Chris Minty on American archives for British researchers
- Aaron Graham on Caribbean archives
In case you missed them, I strongly recommend bookmarking these pages for future reference.